The following process explains how to set up accounts receivable customer records, including synchronization between DX1 and QuickBooks Online.
Begin typing the customer's information into the search bar. When the customer displays in the list, click on the appropriate listing.
Setup Automatic Sync of AR Customers with QBO
This feature is available to all dealers using QBO and once enabled will automatically:
- Add newly created AR customers to QBO - you will no longer need to use the DX1 Accounting App to do this so it makes the process MUCH more efficient
- Update AR Customer balances - this means that if a payment is taken for an AR customer in QBO the balance for that customer will automatically be updated in DX1, so you can feel confident that the number you see in DX1 is always up to date
This feature is Off by default, to enable the feature:
- In a Browser (Chrome or Edge) login to DX1
- Go to Dealership Settings / Accounting Settings
- Turn the “Automatically Sync AR Customer” toggle On
- Click the “Connect/Reconnect” button to login to QBO and follow the on screen prompts, this process only needs to be done once
- Click Save
Note: the one time login to QBO MUST be done from a browser, it can not be done from the DX1 Windows 10 app
Within QuickBooks, click Customers on the Home page.
Setup Credit limit in DX1
Return to DX1, Customer List and search for the customer. Under the AR tab set the credit limit amount and Save.
The customer's balance and credit limit will now show at the bottom of any parts, service or major unit sale.