Note: When working with ANY Invoice, each user will need to click save button at least every 20 minutes. If a user walks away from the open Invoice without saving within that 20 minute time frame changes to the Invoice will be lost!
Warranty Process in Dx1
1. From the Dx1 Launch pad scroll to the right and click on the Sales Tile or from the menu on the left hand side as shown
2. Click on New Estimate under Active Invoices
3. Add or search for the customer for the warranty job.
4. If this is an existing customer any units that have been serviced at the dealership will appear automatically. Choose an existing unit by clicking on the unit and then the Add Selected button. If it is a new unit click the Add Button.
Note: If a new unit is being add, dealers can search by the VIN number to locate the correct model information. Click the link to review how the VIN Lookup can be used.
5. If the customer has fully agreed to having the Warranty work done click the Convert To R.O. button in the upper right hand corner.
Note: The Warranty Toggle will not be available until the estimate has been converted to an RO.
6. Click on Job 1 from the left hand menu or the edit pencil. This will take the user to the main portion of the R.O.
Note: for further information on tech job sheets please click the link below
7. Click on the Warranty toggle on the right hand side across from Job Title
4. Once the Warranty Toggle has been activated a new field will appear on the left hand side menu called Warranty. The only required field is the Authorization #. Note: If a deductible is required for the warranty, fill in the highlighted field as well. Once filled in process the rest of the repair work as normal.
5. Once all work is complete choose Complete Sale in the upper right hand corner