Pre-Pay for Parts and attaching the bill once parts are received in QBO
*This is just a suggestion and should be reviewed with your accountant to ensure this follows their procedures
Once the parts are received and a bill is generated from DX1 to QuickBooks the following steps walk you thru how to then attach that bill to the check
- Go to the vendor and locate the check or credit card charge you created and had charged to prepaid expenses or a pre-determined account, click on it to open the check.
- You will then locate the bill it is paying for on the right-hand side.
In this scenario it would be the bottom invoice 765871
- Click the blue Add button
- This will attach that bill to the check and remove the entry to prepaid expenses
- Be sure to manually type the amount paid or it will not save
- Save and close
Your bill will now show paid