Pre-Pay for Parts and attaching the bill once parts are received in Desktop
*This is just a suggestion and should be reviewed with your accountant to ensure this follows their procedures.
Once the parts are received and a bill is generated from DX1 to QuickBooks the following steps walk you thru how to then attach that bill to the check
- Open the check or credit card charge you created and had charge to prepaid expenses or a pre-determined account. Change the Expense account to Accounts Payable.
- From the Customer: Job dropdown, select the vendor’s name. If you don't enter a name, QuickBooks will ask you to choose a vendor for the Accounts Payable line item.
- Click Save & Close.
Then, pay the bill in QuickBooks.
- Click Vendors on the top menu.
- Choose Pay Bills.
- Place a checkmark on the bills in the Select Bills to Be Paid page.
- Hit Set Credits.
- In the Discount and Credits section, place a checkmark on the check you've already written.
- Tick Done.
- Tap Pay Selected Bills.