This feature gives you the option to Print your Parts and Service receipts in the traditional format and also gives you the option to send them electronically via SMS Text message or as an Email attachment.
In this document we will cover the following topics:
- Receipt Type Popup Overview
- Configurations / Settings
Part 1: Receipt Type Popup Overview
The Receipt Type Popup Will Come Up:
- Anytime you click the "Receipt" button from a Parts or Service invoice
- When a Parts or service invoice is completed, this can be disabled, see Part 2 Configurations / Settings for more details
- Anytime you click the Printer icon for a Parts or Service Invoice
Receipt Type Buttons And Functions:
- Print button - click this button to print the receipt on a printer
- SMS button - click this button to send the receipt via SMS Text message,
- You will only see the SMS option if you are signed up for the DX1 SMS feature
- A valid Mobile number is required before you can send a message
- The SMS Number field will auto populate with the customer's Mobile Number if one is entered
- If you add or change the Mobile Number you will be asked if you want to update the customer's Mobile Number saved in DX1 with the new Number when you click the button
- If this is a Cash customer you can still use this feature, just enter the Mobile Number you wish to send the receipt to
- Email button - click this button to send the receipt via Email,
- Internal Send toggle - this feature allows you to send a copy of the receipt via SMS or Email to any of your internal staff. This could be handy way for the Parts department to let the Service department know that all parts are now received, or for the Service department to let the Sales department know that they have finished working on a new unit and is now ready for the customer.
- Once turned On the Mobile Number and Email Address fields will switch to be dropdowns containing a list of your internal staff
- Simply select the staff member you wish to send the receipt to and then click the SMS or Email button
- Note that this feature requires a valid Email and Mobile Number be entered for each of you staff members (DX1 "Users"), if you have not added these you will need to go to user settings and add them for each user.
- Other Options button - click this button to display the following additional options:
- Hide Part Numbers toggle - turning this On will hide part numbers from printed, sent or saved Parts invoices
- Save As PDF, Excel, Word, Image - selecting one of these options will save the receipt in the selected format to your computer
Part 2: Configurations / Settings
Some of you may not want the Receipt Type Popup to come up when completing Parts and Service Invoices, if this is the case there is a setting in Dealership Settings / General Information where you can turn this Off, here are the steps:
Click on your users initials in the upper right hand corner then select Dealership Settings
Scroll down to Open Receipt Type Window When Completing Parts/Service Invoice then toggle the switch to the "Off " position. Once done click Save in the upper right hand corner.
Note: An Application Reset will need to be done before the change will be put into affect. Click the initials a second time then choose Application Reset as shown.