This feature allows Polaris dealers to extract the necessary financial data from QBs and DX1 to generate a file that can be directly submitted to Polaris FinancialView where your Polaris Financial Statements can be reviewed.
In the document we will cover:
- Part 1: Initial Setup
- Mapping Your Accounts
- Enter your Personnel
- Part 2: Monthly file generation and submission process
Part 1: Initial Setup
Click on your initials in the upper right hand corner then choose Dealership Settings
Mapping your accounts:
Before DX1 can generate the file needed for your Polaris Financial report you need to map ALL of the accounts in your COA (Chart Of Accounts) to the standard Polaris COA
Click the Polaris Account Mapping tab from the menu on the left to get to the screen that allows you to map your Accounts to the Polaris Accounts
You will need to go through and map ALL of the accounts for each account type tab before you will be able to generate a Polaris Financial report, remember to Save your changes as you go.
For Expense accounts the Profit Center allocation must also be set for each account
You may allocate each of your expense accounts to a specific Polaris Profit Center (New, Used, Service, PG&A, F&I) or do it based on your predefined Default Expense Ratios (Use Ratios) see below to set the default ratios,
You may set Default Expense Ratios as shown. Note: The percentages entered must equal 100
Enter your Personnel:
The financial report also requires your current headcount in each department
Click the Personnel Summary tab from the menu on the left to get to the screen that allows you to enter this information. Go through each department and enter the number of people you have. As you enter your staff the totals will update at the bottom for each department and to the right for each employee type. Make sure the totals are correct when you are done and don't forget to click Save.
Part 2: Monthly file generation process
1) Open the DX1 Accounting application and click the Composite Reports tab
2) Select the Month and Year you wish to generate the report for
3) Click the "Get QB Data" button to load in account balance data for the selected month from Quickbooks
Note: All accounts MUST be mapped to the Polaris COA before the file can be created.
4) Click the "Get DX1 Data" button to load in data like unit and invoice counts for the selected month from DX1
5) Finally click the "Submit to Polaris FinancialView" button to generate the file and submit to Polaris FinancialView.