Once your dealership has the “Service Scheduling” feature activated you will need to set up your Technicians Schedules. Please follow the step-by-step instructions below.
Setting up your Service Scheduler
1. Click your initials located at the top right of your DX1 Dashboard..
2. Select “Dealership Settings”.
3. Select “Service Setting” in the left-hand collapse menu.
4. Make sure Enable Service Scheduling is checked.
5. Decide if you want to allow appointments on hidden days, off days, or times.
6. Decide if you want to allow appointments to be double-booked for a technician.
7. Set your desired Service Scheduler default hours. DX1 defaults to 6:00 AM to 10:00 PM.
8. Appointments can be made outside of the default dealership hours. However, they will only be viewable in Month view.
9. Set your default calendar view. (Month, Day, Week, List)
10. Set the number of days you would like to view in Custom X Day View. DX1 defaults to 5 days.
11. Set Default Appointment Duration (minutes). DX1 Default is 30 minutes.
12. Set your hidden days by using the toggle on-off switches under each day. To hide a day from your calendar make sure the toggle under that particular day is toggled to YES. The toggle should be blue and the day will be hidden from your calendar as a default.
13. Select Save to save your changes.
Setting Up Technician’s Schedule
Now that you have set up your Service Settings you are now ready to set up the Technician Scheduling.
1. Select the Scheduling Tile on the DX1 Dashboard
Note: The first time you select the tile you will be notified that you must set-up at least one technician
2. Select the Close button
Note: When you select the Close button you will be automatically taken to the Technician Scheduling tab.
3. Once in Technician Scheduling, Select the Display Technician on Schedule toggle to the Yes position.
Note: If you choose to leave a technician off you will not be able to schedule work for them from the scheduling calendar.
4. Select the Toggle to the “On” position for each day of the week that you would like to be able to schedule jobs for the selected technician.
5. Enter a Start Time *Required
6. Enter an End Time *Required
7. Choose the color the Technician will show under when on the schedule
8. Optionally you can enter a Break From and a Break To time if you choose
9. Select the Save button
*Repeat steps 3-8 for each technician you would like to have displayed on the scheduling calendar
*Now that you have scheduled your technicians you are ready to use the scheduling calendar
Technician and Day View Options in Service Scheduler
1. Select the Scheduling Icon on the dashboard or from the left-hand navigation menu by selecting the Scheduling option.
2. Choose the calendar view you prefer, Month, Week, Day, List or Custom X view.
3. We realize that your technicians may take days off during their normal work week for one reason or another. Select the toggle at the top of the day (Week, Day, or Custom) moving it to Yes to mark your technician as out for the given day.
****** If there are appointments scheduled for the day the technician is taking off you will be responsible for rescheduling them manually.
2. Scheduling appointments outside of default Service Scheduler times.
As a default, the Service Scheduler Display Hours are set 6:00 AM to 10:00 PM. You can add appointments outside of those time frames to your schedule.
The thing to remember is you will only be able to see appointments made outside of default hours in the Month view. All other calendar views Week, Day, List or Custom will only show appointments set within the default Service Scheduler Display Hours.