Advertising: Make Sure Your Site Is Seen
Your web site is the most cost effective method for advertising your business. Therefore, advertising your web site should always be leading your marketing strategy.
Where should I list my web address?
- Business Cards
- Cash Register Receipts
- At your Parts Counter
- All printed brochures
- Store flyers
- Newspaper ads
- Service Reminder post cards
- Signature line for all emails
- Store front
- Signage within your store
- TV Commercials
- Radio Commercials
- Yellow Pages Ads
- Online Directories
- Any Direct Mail advertising
Make sure your URL stands out and can easily be found on any print documents. If it's an online Yellow Pages or another directory, be sure that it links to your web site.
All Roads Lead to Your Dealership
One way to increase traffic to your site and improve SEO ranking is to obtain quality inbound links from other sites.
What are quality inbound links?
These are links to your web site from high quality and, ideally, highly ranked web pages from related businesses back to your site.
How do I establish inbound links?
Request links to your web site from the web sites of local establishments that your dealership may have participated in events with, either at your dealership or off-site. These links could also be from the sites of local tracks or riding trails and/or members of the racing community.
Inbound links can also be created through the use of dealership blogs or forums, as well as social networking sites such as Facebook, and Twitter.
Rise Above the Rest
The best way to increase the quality and amount of traffic to your site is by having an ad that displays in a good location on the major search engines Google, Yahoo and Bing. All web sites built by DX1 are already search engine friendly. They are structured in such a way that they have the ability to appear in the major search engines without making any additional changes to them. However, there are several things that you can do to increase the possibility that your web site will show up higher in search engine results.
What is Search Engine Optimization?
This is the term generally used to describe the process of improving the volume or quality of traffic to a web site by marketing it on the major search engines. The higher that a web site appears within the search engines, the better the opportunity it has to be noticed by a targeted consumer. There are two ways to do this.
The first is through "organic" search engine optimization. This is the process of getting a web site to rank well (within the first several pages of results) on the left side of the search results for certain key terms.
The second is through paid search engine marketing, or "Pay-Per-Click." Through a bidding process Google and Yahoo produce sponsored ads on the top and right side of the search results for certain key terms.
How do I bring higher traffic to my web site through SEO & SEM?
Our search engine optimization team can put together a targeted marketing campaign for your web site using organic SEO and/or paid SEM.
Give Your Web Site A Boost!
There are several things that you can do on your own to improve your web site's ability to rank well within Google, Yahoo, and MSN. To boost your organic search engine optimization results, be sure to:
- Add Inventory - Your inventory pages are designed so that they are easily indexed by the search engines. The more inventory you have, and therefore the more inventory pages you have, the more opportunities you have to rank well within the search engines. Inventory allows for your web site to rank well for specific manufacturers and models in particular.
- Add Content or Text - Content is the easiest thing that you can add to your site to benefit your site within the search engines. The search engines cannot see images. So while the pictures on your web site of the products you sell are great for marketing to your end user, they do nothing to help you within the search engines. It is important that you have the items listed below, in textual paragraph form, throughout your web site:
- Your business name
- The top manufacturers you sell
- The types of products you carry
- A brief overview of your services
- Your location and/or the areas you sell to
- Add Site Settings/ Meta Tags - Meta tags give search engines information about each web page on your web site. For the most part they are not visible elements of your web site. They consist of the Title, Description and Keyword meta tags. You can add information to the meta tags on your site by going to the "Site Settings" area in Dealer Maintenance. It is most important to add manufacturers, products and locations into these fields.
- Create Inbound Linking - Someone posting a link on their web site to yours is like giving your business a good reference. The next time you interact with someone who would give your company a good reference to another customer, ask them to post a link on their web site or blog to your web site. This gives your business more exposure so that more people see your name and find your web site. Sources for good references can include local business or trade organizations you are involved with, community organizations and even your local chamber of commerce.